Re: TB: Bold Vision (Mickey)

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] TB: Bold Vision (Mickey)
  • From: "Margie Valenzuela" IrisLady@comcast.net
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 11:19:26 -0700

Thank you for your kind words Mickey.  I'm really glad you enjoy the photos so much.
I use a digital camera. It's almost 3 years old now. It's a Sony DSC-S70 digital and is equipped with a precision 6x zoom. (Optical zoom - - is unknown to me).  It also has a 3.3 Mega Pixels CCD.  (Note that: digital zooming deteriorates the picture quality.) So.......
For me - - I find the best photos are taken when I use a higher Image size/resolution ( like 1280x960 or even higher).  It does take up more space on the memory stick and the size is quite large, but it's worth the clarity. Later, on the computer I can cut away the excess, without cutting away the size or reducing the quality of the photo. If I do reduce the size of the photo it's still better quality than beginning with a lower resolution/Image size - like 640x480.
(Photo quality IS compromised a little though when I compress it for displaying the photo on Iris-Photos.)
Using the Sharpness Level option in conjunction with the higher resolution - - makes for great computer photos, reproduced photos on photo paper, as well as poster size print-outs. Investing in a larger memory stick was definitely worth the investment.
The Carl Zeiss MTF lens does a top notch job reproducing the subject contrast.  The camera also has a built in microphone to record the names of the iris (or whatever) as I take the photo. (that comes in handy)  Rarely do I use the focus and AE options, but when I do - - that can make a difference in the photo as well.
The program I use to help with cropping etc. is Paint Shop Pro 7.
Concerning rebloomers: We do have reblooming iris out here..................... that actually rebloom.  :-)  But,  I personally don't have too many.
Margie V.
Oro Valley, AZ.
Zone 8/9