Re: Re: DUSKY CHALLENGER/Griff's seedling

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: DUSKY CHALLENGER/Griff's seedling
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" jgcrump@erols.com
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 16:03:44 -0500

Chris  --  I've had no problems growing DUSKY CHALLENGER here, except that
it yields if crowded by more vigorous varieties, so I'd be sure it has its
own space.  The blue seedling, 012A5, was one of an entire bed of
approximately 100 seedlings that was thrown out of the ground by freeze-thaw
last winter and had to be replanted, so none of them bloomed.  I'm hoping
this winter's luck will be better, since they represent about 16 varieties
that are under consideration for registration/introduction.  --  Griff