Re: DUSKY CHALLENGER/Griff's seedling

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: DUSKY CHALLENGER/Griff's seedling
  • From: "Christopher Darlington" chris.darlington@sympatico.ca
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 12:40:52 -0000

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@e...>
Here's a seedling from DUSKY CHALLENGER as the
> pollen parent, with one of my seedlings as the pod parent.  --

Hi Griff,

Nice seedling, it certainly has that DUSKY glow to it, very
impressive.  Does it grow any better than DC does ?  I'm going to
have to replace my clump , it's the only one that rotted on me that
didn't have anything to do with the borer.  I may have spilled some
gasoline when I filled up the snowblower last Spring.  Not so lazy,
Bill informed me that it only takes a drop or two of to kill a

STORM CENTER, an earlier Shreiners dark purple, does better for me
and looks remarkably similar minus the glowing sheen that DC has.  I
had to compare them side by side to tell them apart.

Thanks kindly for the feedback on my Geocities page, I'll have to put
in many more hours of work to get it to where I want it to be.
Sounds like a good winter project.