Re: HYB: pigments

  • Subject: Re: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] HYB: pigments
  • From: "Neil A Mogensen" <neilm@charter.net>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 17:08:05 -0400

Linda, I am as puzzled as you are about IMCS-1 "Cloud Shadows."  What I was particularly glad to see while weeding today was very healthy growth on IMCS-1, so maybe I can see what it looks like in person in the spring (that is, if weather, the moles and other incredible, variable incidents and accidents allow it).

I wasn't aware there were ANY pigments that would look violet or purple that were oil soluble--that is, natural ones in plants.  The fall pigment should be CELEBRATION SONG's I(s) unless IMMORTALITY hides more than it shows.  Maybe I need to do some deep digging on the pedigrees involved.

Are you sure you didn't stir the solution with a Crayola?

Now, if the winter is as kind to the new ones, including "Cloud Shadows," as the fall has been (Frances, Ivan and Jeanne notwithstanding), next spring might be an interesting time around here.

Did I miss something on your post?  Is the amoena at the bottom of the post IMCS-1?

Neil Mogensen  z  7  western NC mountains

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here

Yahoo! Groups Links