Re: Reblooming today, blend/marbled

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: Reblooming today, blend/marbled
  • From: "irischap" irischapman@netscape.net
  • Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 15:38:15 -0000

Very nice. A new colour pattern for reblooming plicatas and with
Double Shot as a parent good potential for rebloom in colder areas.

Could you give some info re seedling parent and siblings? It seems
that an unexplored second factor for plicatas ( other patterns as
well) is the center versus just edge. That is  for example, Double
Shot is a plicata showing pattern just on edge of falls whereas
Handshake is a plicata which has patterning in centre of falls. This
centre vesus edge seems to be a seperate inheritence from plicata and
has been condfounding/confusing interpretation of plicata  genetics.
I'm trying to gather data on its inheritence. So what I'm assuming is
that the seedling parent has plicata  colouring in centre (or carries
plicata and has colour in centre of falls. I'd like a breakdown, if
available, as to numbers (or impression of number) of seedlings in
this cross as to number that has pattern in centre as versus number
with pattern at just the edge.

Thanks  in advance

Chuck Chapman

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, <orders@s...> wrote:
> This one will be introduced in 2007.  Third rebloom cycle this year.
 Interesting color combo, took a while for me to get used to it.
Seakist X Tropical Delight
> Mike

Yahoo! Groups Links