{Disarmed} Re: Re: Reblooming iris & PHOTO of FROZEN FLAME

  • Subject: [PHOTO] {Disarmed} Re: [iris-photos] Re: Reblooming iris & PHOTO of FROZEN FLAME
  • From: "Margie Valenzuela" IrisLady@comcast.net
  • Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 20:23:52 -0700

HI Vicki,

I live in Oro Valley, Arizona zone 8B.  In contrast to you though our summers ARE Very HOT - triple digits, and from early July to early September are wet and rainy (monsoon season) then usually we have pretty mild winters.

Some TB's will rebloom here.  Medians rarely grow and bloom here even in the spring, yet alone rebloom...........one exception to the rule:  Low Ho Silver will bloom in spring and REBLOOM in the fall.

Off the top of my head - Earl of Essex, Duke of Earl, Lichen, Luminosity, Autumn Circus, Zurich, River Pearl, Sky Queen, Halloween Halo, Eggnog, Broadway, Clarence, Viva Mexico, City Lights, Frozen Flame, Holy Night, Hemstitched, Raspberry Frost, Again and Again, Pure as Gold, and Spring Jade.  (all TBs). There may be a couple of others - I just can't think of them right now.

And - Walker Ross - an arilbred - readily reblooms in the fall.

Here is what Frozen Flame (rebloomer) looks like.

~ Margie V.
Oro Valley, AZ.