{Disarmed} Re: Re: Reblooming iris

  • Subject: [PHOTO] {Disarmed} Re: [iris-photos] Re: Reblooming iris
  • From: brimmsplace brimmsplace@yahoo.com
  • Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 19:42:51 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Vicki,
I have only a few listed as rebloomers, but the only one that has rebloomed so far has been "Star Image", SDB, C. Palmer, '93.  And that came as a surprise to me, because up until then, I had never heard of any SDB's that rebloomed. I'm not sure where SI originated, but thought you would enjoy a picture of it.
jvickic@comcast.net wrote:
Are any of you growing reblooming iris that originated in the Pacific Northwest?  We have several rebloomers among our seedlings and I know Terry Aitken has some RE's on the market.
But since some of Terry's and all of ours are in the median class, I rarely hear if they are reblooming in other areas. Nearly all the talk is in regards to TB's although I believe someone spoke of reblooming SDB's.
Lady Emma (MTB) does rebloom in our area, however, it has never been in class.  It grows too tall and blooms are too large.

I understand the majority of iris growers prefer TB's. They are huge, and I must say very beautiful.  I am enjoying the photos that Margie has been posting even though I get to see them in person any time I choose during bloom season.  Keith lives only  30 miles from us. With such good pic's we can enjoy them all year!!!  Thank you Margie.

Please state the area where you live, those of you who have a lot of rebloomers.

I know the Sutton's have quite a few as we have visited them in the winter months.   Their climate is very mild in the winter.

Our USDA Hardiness Zone is 8B the same as Austin, Texas and Gainesville, Florida.  However, we do not have the summer rains or the high humidity as these southern areas. Our summers are warm to hot and dry in mid July to well into September. Today is October 13th and I enjoyed a round of golf in sunny 75 degree weather.

Please let me know the various areas  you folks live that have iris reblooming and whether TB's or Medians.

Thank you,

Get your email and more, right on the new Yahoo.com __._,_.___ Web Bug from http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97476590/grpId=43451/grpspId=1707632694/msgId=34657/stime=1160794027

Iris Iris plants Purple iris
Iris bulb Photos of