{Disarmed} Re: Re: CULT: weather damage

  • Subject: {Disarmed} Re: [iris-photos] Re: CULT: weather damage
  • From: "Colleen Modra" colleen@impressiveirises.com.au
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 04:59:45 +0930

Linda

We've managed the first two, but no rain. Australia is heading into the worst recorded drought ever. In our little corner, we have been fortunate in missing drought events over the last few years, but overall , in Australia, the water situation is dire, with some cities having empty or near empty reservoirs. In Goulbourn (near Canberra) not only is there no garden watering, but apparently it is an offence to wash your car windscreens unless it is a traffic hazards. I guess washing the whole car is no longer an option either,
So it's a major El Nino event. If I remember correctly if we have an El Nino summer then the USA has a very bad heavy winter.

Colleen Modra
Adelaide Hills
South Australia