{Disarmed} Re: Hyb: seedling

  • Subject: {Disarmed} Re: [iris-photos] Hyb: seedling
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" jgcrump@cox.net
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 19:34:05 -0400

Colleen  --  WEARING RUBIES is a slow increaser here, but, like you,  I have crossed it with some of my red selfs and red amoenas.  Next year will be the first opportunity to see its progeny, if then.  But, of course, I'm hoping for good things.
I hope that your irises survive the drought.  The weather forecast for most of the U.S. for the coming 12 months is much warmer than usual.  But for the upper South Atlantic seaboard, the forecast is for equal chances for above-normal temperatures or not.  I, of course, would like to see a prolonged cold winter with lots of snow cover.  That's unusual here, though.  A mild, rainy winter is the worst for my irises.  --  Griff