{Disarmed} Re: Re: [iris]HYB:Wearing Rubies

  • Subject: {Disarmed} Re: [iris-photos] Re: [iris]HYB:Wearing Rubies
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" jgcrump@cox.net
  • Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 12:24:47 -0400

Margie  --  The last one that I posted  --  WR x sdlg 01J14:(984M7:(Champagne Elegance x Lady Friend) x Romantic Evening)) --  is the one that I think has the best odds of producing something good in the first generation.  Both WR and 01J14 have very similar coloration, including the beards.  Both have ruffled, velvet falls.  However, I hope that 01J14's flaring falls may modify WR's pendulous falls to a happy median.  Both also have good branching and proportion.  Both 01J14 and WR, apparently, have rebloomers in their background, so one can hope a bit on that score, too.  And then there's that bit of amoena heritage on both sides.  --Griff