  • Subject: {Disarmed} [iris-photos] IRIS PLANTING IN THE SONORAN DESERT, PHOENIX , AZ
  • From: "KEITH MINEO" kmineo@pacbell.net
  • Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 08:14:33 -0700

Dear Iris Friends:
As many already know I am a recent resident to Phoenix, Az area. This is my first iris garden ever. I have planted about 30 different varieties, all tall bearded bi and tri colors. I plantwed them as was outlined and advised.
In the desert, how long does it take for them to grow in the desert? Will they bloom in the spring of this coming year? The termperature is current  62 degrees in morning, 75 degrees around noon, and 83 degree late afternoon. (Late October)