Re: HYB: uglies

  • Subject: Re: HYB: uglies
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2009 07:47:19 -0400

Donald, I wouldn't be as generous as you - this one is worse than retro
to my eye - standards are out of proportion to falls (too small) plus
all crunched up and every which way. Plus the falls don't have an
attractive form, (hopefully?) nothing you'd see on an old iris.

Nice branching tho, and like you say, it did survive Austin. ;-)

The other (blue) one inherited its pod parents tendency to rolled edges
on standards and falls. If it weren't for that, I would agree to call
it retro. Not as icky as this one.

Linda Mann
e TN

JPEG image