Re: Re: CULT: caterpillars

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: CULT: caterpillars
  • From: "lilylvr" <lilylvr@kansas.net>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 07:56:32 -0700

Hi All,
When I lived in the Phillipines one of the first things we were warned about was the caterpillars. Any caterpillars just to be on the safe side. Over there they are covered in an acid and touching them would result in a burn. If you knew you touched one and washed your hands quick enough you were fine but left alone it would develope like a burn from oven cleaners. Here in the states I have not been stung by a caterpillar. Perhaps the one you showed is different than the ones we have here that look similar, the ones in the Phillipines are identical on cursory inspection. I did not take a closer look than that while I was there.
Wendy Zone 5 KS