[PHOTO] welcome to NAME THAT CULTIVAR !!!! | Thu, 12 Sep 2002 18:13:56" />

[PHOTO] welcome to NAME THAT CULTIVAR !!!!

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] welcome to NAME THAT CULTIVAR !!!!
  • From: "the Asmus Library" asmuslibrary@attbi.com
  • Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 18:13:43 -0500

on Wednesday, laetitia munro sent images of her
"Prissy Miss" possible mislabels?

and yesterday, I looked at Harold's site,  www.beautiful-view-iris.com

I have a very prolific iris in my garden that doesn't seem to match any of
them.

This much I know: pink.    so that's how I refer to it.

can anyone help positive ID? what is the method used to make positive ID?
is it an extensive checklist, or lots of photos side-by-side, or what?

Harold - do you have a method of sorting your photos that is OTHER than
alphabetically by name?

like, solid yellows, solid blues, bi-colors, etc....?

or is there such a list? ...then I'd have to slog through a bunch of websites to track them all down, I suppose.

photo is a little "washed looking" due to wrong shutter speed (overexposed)

attached,
OR follow link, and go down to second image.

thanks, everyone.

Dan Asmus, Saint Paul, MN