Re: Move Iris In October

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Move Iris In October
  • From: Barbara Jackson jacksonb@brandonu.ca
  • Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 09:06:48 -0500

Good morning Janice,

I have successfully moved all bearded types in September in zone 3ish but I
don't know that I would try it in October.  Usually the ones that get moved
that late are replanted immediately and I would never do it with varieties
known to be more tender in the first place.

Just my experience in the cold zone.  :)

BJ in SW MB, Zn 3ish, Canadian Prairies

At 08:28 AM 9/23/02 -0500, you wrote:
>I had an email question sent to me and before I answered it I thought I
>would get some opinions from other iris growers. Would it be OK to move
>irises in October in Ohio? Located between Dayton and Cinncinnati so that's
>Zone 6 I think.
>
>My thoughts are yes it would be better to dig and replant than to overwinter
>in storage. I have never had to move irises i October so I was wondering if
>anyone had and what success or failure they met with.
>
>Thanks,
>Janice
>In Tennessee

Plan to Sell a Home?