TB: NOID "Burnt Toffee??"

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] TB: NOID "Burnt Toffee??"
  • From: "Cordesview" <cordesview@m33access.com>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 10:23:55 -0400

Below is a photo of an iris that I've had for a few years now.  They lady who gave it to me said it was sent to her as Competitive Edge,  but it looks nothing like what I've seen of CE before.  I have a hunch that it could be Burnt Toffee (Schreiner's '77).  Here's what my checklist says. . .

TB, 37", ML.  S. Light Chocolate, flushed Blue-lavender to center at midrib.  Falls richer chocolate with darker chocolate hafts, blue blaze in center; dull gold to blue beard.  Unknown parentage.

Okay, I don't think the description matches.  I just looked on Photos, and there wasn't a picture of BT anywhere.  Does anyone else grow it??

Adam~
Adam Cordes
Hillman, Michigan
Region 6