Re: Iris registry of Names

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Iris registry of Names
  • From: John I Jones <jijones@usjoneses.com>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 17:05:51 -0700

While I appreciate the thanks, remember that most of the work is done
by other volunteers that work on the Checklist and R&I data, checking,
correcting and separating it into the proper tabbed fields,
I just do the organization, account management and system updates.

As a status report, all the sections of the 2000 R&I are out for
editing, most are back and we will start on the 2001 shortly.

Many thanks to all my editors.

John

On Sep 23, 2004, at 12:53 PM, Robt R Pries wrote:

> I have been too busy to read most of my e-mail, but John Jones post
> caught my eye. At least five times it caught my eye, since it was
> cross posted to every list I am on. But I fully agree that this is a
> benchmark in Iris data and should be celebrated. I thought there would
> be scores of individuals congratulating John, but then maybe all those
> posts were sent privately as I was disposed to do. There must be
> 40,000 to 50,000 Iris names. No small task even with a team of
> helpers. Too often we take for granted this type of work. I want to
> publicly raise three cheers to John for doing such a thankless job. Of
> course this is only a benchmark in his Promethian task. But hey! if we
> don't celebrate the progress we make as an Iris Society, who would be
> encouraged to do even more.
>

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

> <image.tiff>
> <image.tiff>
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>       •       To visit your group on the web, go to:
>
>       •        To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
>
>       •        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
> Service.

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
Fremont, California, USA
Director, American Iris Society