{Disarmed} Re: HYB: Hybridizing quiz

  • Subject: {Disarmed} Re: [iris-photos] HYB: Hybridizing quiz
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" jgcrump@cox.net
  • Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 17:52:13 -0400

Well, gang, you are all very perceptive, and Francelle has put it in a nutshell.  It is, indeed, those broader falls that I'm after, but I'm also hoping that the richness of similar colors and texture in LYNSEY ALEXANDRA will interact with 20Q5's to produce the sort of iris that Francelle describes.  One never knows. But the odds look better here than in many cases in which certain desireable traits are accompanied by some drawbacks.  --  Griff
Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2006 4:08 PM
Subject: RE: [iris-photos] HYB: Hybridizing quiz

Hello, Griff,

Your 20Q5 seedling has narrow, unadorned falls with really beautiful colors.  The other iris has wide, rimmed falls.  If you can get that form and retain the color pattern of your seedling, you will have an exceptionally beautiful iris.  Good luck!

Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9