{Disarmed} Re: Color change

  • Subject: {Disarmed} Re: [iris-photos] Color change
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" jgcrump@cox.net
  • Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 17:29:55 -0400

Donald  --  Even allowing for different lighting, it appears to me from the photos that the flower in subsequent bloom suffered the same overall loss of intensity of color (standards, stylearms and falls --  but maybe not beard???) as the other flowers we've been posting on this thread.  Can it be that the "bloom of youth" fades on flowers as it does on folks?  And could it be that this is a phenomenon long recognized and which gave rise to the expression?  --  Griff