Re: Species

  • Subject: Re: Species
  • From: "Ted Baker" <tedebaker@shaw.ca>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 18:17:09 -0700

Hello Annette,
I chrysographes blooms about two feet tall and the flower is about two inches tall so not large.  It forms a nice clump and it grows well in the same conditions as Siberians. [ chrysographes has been classified as as a subseries under the 40 chromosome Siberian iris--- Sino-Siberians, so one would expect it to grow in the same conditions].
I also have the red form which grows very well.  I will post a not very good picture of it so you can compare.
I too am watering as we are warm and dry.  But what a beautiful fall!! ........  Ted