RE: CULT: triple stalk

  • Subject: RE: CULT: triple stalk
  • From: "Francelle" <fjmjedwards@qwest.net>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 12:53:13 -0700

Griff, this is what we know as pineappling.  Clumped stalks come up from a rhizome.  They are short and deformed.  In severe cases, the leaves are short and spiky.  It is a fault of unknown causes, but I am convinced that it is associated with stress, too much heat, dryness, etc.  It must also be partly genetic, since it is very prevalent in some varieties and never seen in others.

Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9