Re: REB: Belvi Queen

  • Subject: Re: REB: Belvi Queen
  • From: "Michael Sutton" <orders@suttoniris.com>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 11:41:06 -0700

round-up works great at certain times of the year and at low concentrations.  If you can spray selectively around the iris, hitting the iris leaves as little as possible, deformation is avoidable.  Early fall spray in general will not affect spring bloom if you follow the guidelines above.  We tested a field of iris once with a tractor and spray rig spraying round-up right on top with a 1% solution and a spreader, fall rebloom in the field was tweaky but weed control was acheived and spring bloom was fine with no iris deaths.  We have a tool that applies herbicide through a basically a paint roller with holes in it attached to a PVC pipe,  called the Swideswipe Pro.  Gives the ability to apply round-up with no over-spray or drift...use it year round with no problems.  hope that helps
Mike Sutton