  • Subject: Re: IMM X RE
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 18:20:05 -0400

I was referring to the pale blue color in this seedling showing a
dilution effect.

Not the presence/absence of the anthocyanin pigment.

I.e., pale blue of GATE OF HEAVEN ("Light medium blue") compared to blue
of something like YAQUINA BLUE ("medium blue").

Has nothing to do with Ae, dark purple, or black.

Linda Mann

Chuck said:
<No dilution. When you don't inherit Ae you get blue. It isn't
Immortality diluting it. It is that Ae didn't get into those seedlings.
And the Ae gene would be comming from Romantic Evening. Blue is what
you get with anthocyanin. It takes Ae to get dark purple or black. >