Re: HYB: aphylla in SE (was C375C...)

  • Subject: Re: HYB: aphylla in SE (was C375C...)
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 11:19:14 -0400

Vicki, I've enjoyed seeing photos of your babies, and now this nice one
from Loic. Wish I had your energy, Loic!

Just wondering whether or not you've gotten feedback on performance of
any of your aphyllas tolerating climate this far south and east -
Oklahoma, Arkansas, southern TN, Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, SC?

Do you know if anyone is working on trying to select aphylla &
aphylla-breds that can tolerate our climate? It would be nice to
re-visit that gene pool. From the branching in seedlings, I assume
aphylla is represented in the background of some of Lloyd Zurbrigg's and
G.P. Brown rebloomers, but it might be nice to have some 'fresh' admixtures.

Linda Mann
TN
hot and humid, but no rain for almost two whole days!