Re: Re: HYB: aphylla in SE (was C375C...)

  • Subject: Re: Re: HYB: aphylla in SE (was C375C...)
  • From: "loic tasquier" <tasquierloic@cs.com>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 18:15:43 +0200

Hello Linda,
Yes, i have (still) quite some energy, that's why i am working double (triple?) before it slows down.....
I know will come the day when i don't feel like it anymore, bored, blasé, having seen it all.......!   (-:
So here is some good news:
Even if the aphyllas don't do well where you live, your Cloud Shadows has given me18 seeds with the pollen from Punk and i have used it's frozen pollen in July on the reblooming Autumn Jester that just gave me 31 seeds !
So you see, there will be a Linda Mann's legacy, at least in Europe!! (hoping some of the seeds will germinate, and that some of the sdlgs will be pretty...but i'm sure we'll be lucky!)
It's been very dry here all summer, and i haven't watered much but Smash has put up a (very meager) stalk with 4 buds!
He is a real survivor, (even though i think it's suicidal), it really wants to try to pass it's genes!
So i have obliged, of course, with my itchy tweezers...
It's pollen is as powerful as Romantic Evening's! But it also can be a pod parent, which R.E. doesn't seem to be able to be (even though there is an iris registered with it as a pod parent)
I also have some rebloom on Aglow Again, but it's in a bed that got water, so i can't really tell, but i think you definitely must try Smash!
And it seems to give such wonderful babies! It's even worth the bother to water it a little, isn't it?
Take care, hope the weeds have had a hard time....(-: