RE: CAT Quality Standards
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: RE: CAT Quality Standards
  • From: El Hutchison <eleanore@mymts.net>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 18:24:56 -0500

A picture sure is worth a thousand words, eh.

Not sure what that black stuff is in your other picture though, unless it's really bad mold/mildew.

El, near Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada Z3

To: iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
From: tasquierloic@cs.com
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 18:31:33 +0200
Subject: [iris-photos] CAT Quality Standards

Here is a photo of two rhizomes i've just received from the USA from two different breeders.
I obviously can't give names.

'Garden Beam', on the left (obviously) is a very nice looking rhizome, fresh, lush, big and healthy:

The other one is 'Adoregon' a poor tiny rhizome that only weights 6 grams.

I was charged 5$ for it. That makes 'Adoregon' an iris that costs 1200$ a kilo.

I think Keith Keppel will be proud that his irises have gone up in value!

Loïc

JPEG image