Re: HYB: this yr's refrigerator sdlgs
  • Subject: Re: HYB: this yr's refrigerator sdlgs
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 15:07:38 -0500

Hi Donald - both close spacing and a <lot> of increase. I watered them
when I first planted them, maybe once more those first few weeks if it
didn't rain - I can't remember. They went in the ground in late
March/early April, I think - before TB bloom season started. (can't find
my book right now)

Amd they got <lots> of water in July - poured down rain.

Single plant is MISSOURI MIST (extremely healthy here & makes fairly
nice pink babies) X org13 (GOLDEN APPLE X CRYSTAL GLITTERS). Most of
the seedlings from this cross look like this.

The really crowded ones in the other photo are SELECT CIRCLE X BELVI
QUEEN. Lots of that median type increase on these, but a few are more
TB like - keeping my fingers crossed that the non-median genes will win
on a few, both foliage and blooms...

The other crosses were mostly IMM, HARVEST OF MEMORIES and their
seedlings, several crossed with org13 - one of the very few with good
pollen that took in 2009. very late blooms. One batch from IMM X RED
ROCK CANYON, some 2nd year germinants from a few things, mostly
involving MATRIX and her seedlings.

Don't worry, Loic, I'll let the ones with nice looking blooms live, even
if they are median-ish, long enough to see if they rebloom ;-)

<Were these spaced close together or is that increase? And no water. >

Linda Mann east TN USA zone 7

JPEG image

JPEG image