Re: HYB: this yr's refrigerator sdlgs
  • Subject: Re: HYB: this yr's refrigerator sdlgs
  • From: "d7432da" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 16:44:52 -0000

Now there's a grasshopper hayfield! Were these spaced close together or is that increase? And no water. Mine have to have that or they won't live the first year. They just aren't large enough to survive the heat and dry weather. I really like to space mine at least 12-13" apart. Easier to see what's going on with the plant and I can leave them in the same location longer. That's especially true when some near them are discarded or don't survive.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA