Re: Anthurium splendidum

>That must be the new greenhouse he has built or perhaps the mist system of
>Huntingdon Botanic. Rick keeps things in 150% humidity and I might imagine
>that would be just about perfect for a low altitude, streambed, tropical
>bastardly beautiful anthurium. Give the man credit where due. He is a good

well, when i saw his greenhouse it was tiny and had several hundred  wee
fans tucked away in corners and a wonderful mossy moist green everywhere,
meticulous. also, it is much harder to keep a small greenhouse CONSTANT in
climate, they tend to fluctuate wildly. we assumed he ran in and out of it,
monitoring its needs from moment to moment, because even with all kinds of
"O'meters" it is hard to  not have dry or still corners. some people are
hyper aware of mini microclimates, and i think this is the secret of being
a great grower. all of Rick's plants look at least awfully good, including
the stuff outside. (non aroid mostly). i think he would be a terrific fern

but i will be dammed before i give him any credit. i think i will call him
tomorrow and tell him that!