Re: Alocasia cultivars

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: Alocasia cultivars
  • From: Tony Avent <tony@plantdel.com>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2000 09:14:17 -0600 (CST)

Derek et al:

	The information that we discovered when writing a description for our
catalog was that the cross was made by Larry Gardner.  Larry then sold/gave
the seedlings to Ron Weeks, who selected out one plant and gave it the name
A. 'Portadora'.  I hope this helps.  It is truly a wonderful plant...and
has been hardy here.

Tony Avent
Plant Delights Nursery @
Juniper Level Botanic Garden