Re: Growing A. titanum in South Florida

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: Growing A. titanum in South Florida
  • From: Claude Sweet <sweetent@home.com>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2000 21:01:52 -0500 (CDT)

Piilani,

Welcome to San Diego. You will find the winter rainfall pattern (about 9
inches total) occurring from November through April to be  the biggest
adjustment. Just wait until you get a water bill in the summer.

The climate in San Diego can change rapidly as you travel East towards
the inland dessert valleys. There are micro climates that can vary
depending on the elevation and prevailing winds.

I can grow bananas, mangoes, and other tropical and subtropical fruit
(citrus) within feet of apples, peaches, and figs. Depending on the
exposure of the growing site (Northern verses Southern).

Claude Sweet
In the Del Cero area near San Diego State University
San Diego, CA