Re: Spider Mite

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: Spider Mite
  • From: Eric Moderator <toeric@ev1.net>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 17:03:22 -0500 (CDT)

   I hope you did not spray the bottom of the leaves?!   Since spider mites
live mainly on the bottom of the leaves, I am thinking that you might have
sprayed the sealant (that is pretty much what it is) on the undersides of
the leaves.   If you did this, expect some or all your plants to decline
slowly until death.   I did this with a leaf shine product when I was new to
raising plants and killed several plants that way.  It caused the plants not
to be able to out gas (respirate?) properly.  Leaf shine products should
only be sprayed on the top of the plant's leaves and never on ferns or