Re: weeds are plants too

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: weeds are plants too
  • From: "Julius Boos" <ju-bo@email.msn.com>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 10:17:03 -0500 (CDT)

-----Original Message-----
From: Lester Kallus <lkallus@earthlink.net>
To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
Date: Monday, April 02, 2001 4:42 PM

Les,

Remember that there are TWO 'varieties' down here, the smaller 'regular' one
w/ the markings, AND a MUCH larger all-green 'form' SAID to be the same
species.
Good luck---how goes the cassavas??

Sincerely,

Julius

>>I suspect the southerners are going to be totally grossed out when I
devote
a few pages on my website to Gontopus photos including closeups of any
reproductive parts & volunteers creeping up in the yard.

Don't get totally grossed out about northerners seeking Gonatopus.  You can
spread out the disgust by recalling that we also pay $4 for Pistia & water
hyacinths (per each).

And here you folks didn't even know that you were potential millionairs.

(Incidentally, on a totally different unrelated topic - does anyone know
how to modify my listserver attributes so that I can see messages that I've
posted?  Currently, I have to take it on faith that my messages make
it.  The first response is generally the verification that it's there.  I
understand there's some command I can issue so that my message is mirrored
back to me when it's posted.)

Thanks.  anyway, while typing this, I decided that I'm going to try to
photograph Gonatopus growing next to my pond covered with Pistia.
           Les<<