RE: Oh NO! Spider Mites!

Nyles:

      The Home Depots in Arizona (as well as many other places in the
country) sell low volume misting systems (Arizona Mist is the Manufacturer)
that are idea for the situation you describe.  These are the home owners
version of the ones used at outdoor restaurants in places like Tempe and
Phoenix.  You can sit under or behind the misters and not get wet, but they
do a terrific job of spot cooling and humidification without driving up the
water bill.  I have seen these things installed along the eaves of
enclosures like you describe and its not out of the question to raise the
humidity to well over 50% and the temperature down into the 70's.  You can
get these kits in either pre-assembled modules or you can buy the heads,
tubing, filters, etc. and assemble a custom unit.  They operate off of
house water pressure (no high pressure pump) and can be attached to either
a timer or humidistat through a solenoid valve (humidistats and solenoid
valves are available through any good plumbing or electrical supply
house....line voltage so you probably need an electrician for the
humidistat).

Ron