same amorph problem, different season.

  • Subject: same amorph problem, different season.
  • From: mburack@mindspring.com
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 09:01:37 -0500 (CDT)

I was wondering if anybody has had a chronic problem with Amorphs like me.

For some reason certain plants (assorted species) I have go through some kind of problem every year and I cannot seem to solve it.

What happens is, the tips of the leaflets basically turn black..then later turn to a almost crispy brown.  This tends to continue until the leaf has been basically destroyed.

Here are a couple of other facts:

-This happens to some plants that are in full shade and others that are in heavy direct sun.

-My first theory was over fertilization, so I have only fed once this season at HALF recommended strength.

-I also believed it could be fungus, so when this kind of thing happened last year, I sprayed with PHYTON-27 (a powerful systemic funcgicide) with no success.

-I always think it is a water thing, but we have been in a drought in Florida, and I have let these pots dry out to arid levels before watering again.

If anyone has ANY thoughts they would be appreciated....wondering though......could it be a "pH" problem???????