Re: Dead Horse Arum

  • Subject: Re: Dead Horse Arum
  • From: Paul Tyerman <tyerman@dynamite.com.au>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 09:57:21 -0500 (CDT)

Alan,

I had Helicodicerus flower for me last year.  Absolutely stunning.  It is
interesting though that mine barely smelt at all.  I was nicely surprised
given what we have to put up with from my various clumps of Dracunculus
vulgaris each year.

It is interesting that you rate it as worst smell, and yet we struggled to
find a smell at all (could JUSt detect it when sticking nose virtually into
the flower.

Why would mine have not ponged at all?

Cheers.

Paul Tyerman
Canberra, Australia.  USDA equivalent - Zone 8
mailto:tyerman@dynamite.com.au

Growing.... Galanthus, Erythroniums, Fritillarias, Lilium, Aroids, plus
just about anything else that doesn't move!!!!!