Re: Philodendron 'Tahiti'

  • Subject: Re: Philodendron 'Tahiti'
  • From: "Dr. Tom Croat" <Thomas.Croat@mobot.org>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 22:38:30 -0500 (CDT)

Dear Dan & Bob:

	I have not seen this but I will put your inquiry as well as my own
comments out on Aroid-L.  This plant was no doubt produced in
Florida, probably by Oglesby or Agristarts or possibly
Weyerhauser.   The problem is that these that most of these things
are either sports or some secret elaborate parentage that they
would probably want to keep secret.  Denis Rotolante grows a lot of
such things and he might be familiar with it.    From what you said
about the possible parentage it sounds like a wild hybrid that has
been cloned.

	More later.

	Tom