Re: Fog machine

  • Subject: Re: Fog machine
  • From: "Ron Iles" <roniles@eircom.net>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 22:41:45 -0500 (CDT)

A Machine to make Fog?  The contraption made me wonder about my own ways.
Clarity is for me often endangered.

Should not our culture environments replicate those of the  forest?  Near
the forest floor the environment is warm and stable.  Above the forest
canopy, in greenhouses, and hot deserts, it can be roasting in the day and
cooler or cold at night.  Such conditions are not good for the narrow
adaptations of some forest floor species.

Many aroids grow well in relatively dry home conditions.  Temperatures are
warm and steady. They are neither grilled nor "steamed" ?!!!!   They thrive
in comfortable human humidity etc where root and leaf tissues can be turgid
and will not collapse or waterlog.   Are your greenhouse plants being
"grilled" by solar light and heat?   Does fogging just "steam" them as well?
Are all your culture conditions as close as possible to that which suit the
plants best?    I'm not at my best in sunscorched fog and if it was in the
dark I might need webbed feet.

Wriley

Ron