Re: Amorph abyssinicus

  • Subject: Re: Amorph abyssinicus
  • From: Paul Tyerman <tyerman@dynamite.com.au>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 22:42:49 -0500 (CDT)

Howdy Rob,

>Can you trace your supplier back to Collectors Corner at Gardenworld
>Nursery in Springvale  Victoria ? If so you have an Amorph. konjac
>A far too familiar case of incorrect plant ID I'm sorry to say.

I know it came from Victoria..... so it is probably what you are talking
about.  However..... why does this form die down far earlier than the other
A. konjac that I have?  Someone in Queensland told me that theirs has done
the same thing as mine....and I think they mentioned Collector's Corner.

Are there specific clones of A. konjac that die down before others? I would
say we're talking about a month before by the look of it too.  There are no
signs of even a little yellowing on the A. konjac that I got from an Aroid
collector (from this list) here in Canberra, so I would have thought it was
at least something slightly different?

Paul Tyerman
Canberra, Australia.  USDA equivalent - Zone 8

Growing.... Galanthus, Erythroniums, Fritillarias, Lilium, Aroids, plus
just about anything else that doesn't move!!!!!