Re: Amorpho. 'abyssinicus'/book.

  • Subject: Re: Amorpho. 'abyssinicus'/book.
  • From: "Julius Boos" <ju-bo@email.msn.com>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 09:33:50 -0500 (CDT)

-----Original Message-----
From: Bruno Matter <Bruno.Matter@unibas.ch>
To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
Date: Sunday, April 29, 2001 10:23 PM
Subject: Re: Amorpho. abyssinicus

Dear Bruno,

I see that Lord P has managed to give you the ID of the plant, thereby
removing any doubt as to it`s identity!   Sorry that it did not turn out to
be what we had hoped for!
I`m SURE that Lord P is working on a volume such as you wish for, and that
it will be published SOON!   ( Hey, I can dream, can I not???)

(Dreaming in WPB,

>>Dear Julius

lets get things straight

the Amorphophallus cf. abyssinicus B. was collected from Matyas Buzgo in
1996 (*Kamerun, Oku-Elak, Lowland Forest Patches, 6,15N, 10,29E, Alt.

I remember that he has sent some bulbs to Wilbert Hetterscheid as well,
maybe it flowers or has been identified already in Leiden???

Of course I have the Amorphophallus Edition of Aroideana, which is a
great help, but there are moments when I dream about a 600-page
Amorphophallus Monograph with color drawings and geographical and
artificial keys. Anyone working on it???