The Dream

Hellon Ron and all!

Great email!
This is something that everyone really wants to do, but no one had the
"courage" to write yet!
Last year I had such an experience but in a small scale. It was just me and
my brother, we went to Costa Rica in search of a spectacular plant,
Equisetum giganteum. We succeeded, we found it and collected some living
material (a few stems) which are now growing in my yard.
But besides the plant I looked for, I saw so many other plants which I knew
that, for other people, would be great - including aroids, zingibers,
Maranthaceae, Heliconiaceae, carnivorous plants, palms, bamboos, orchids....
If there was an expert of each of these in the group, the "expedition" would
be a greater success and we would all learn with each other.
If this dream will come true some day, I'm on it.
And I propose Papua New Guinea as a first destination - the home of the
largest herbaceous plant on earth, a giant banana.

This year, in June, I will be one month in Tanzania, in the jungle. What
plants should I look for? Amorphophallus? Anchomanes?

Hope to hear more feedback.
All the best,