Soil Mix

  • Subject: Soil Mix
  • From: "WEAVER,BILL (HP-USA,ex3)" <bill_weaver@hp.com>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 13:46:58 -0600 (CST)

I have been using a 50/50 mix of pumice and commercial potting soil for my
(Supersoil from Rod McLellan Co)I found that using a similar ratio of soil
and perlite made
the mix too light to hold up the growing leaf, giving it a tendancy to pop
out of the pot on
windy days. I found that vermiculite held way too much water and as such was
for my conditions. (San Francisco bay area)

Bill Weaver