Soil Mix

  • Subject: Soil Mix
  • From: "George R Stilwell, Jr." <grsjr@juno.com>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 14:24:26 -0600 (CST)

Surprisingly, one of our local aroid growers has found that Metromix 360
is better than
anything else for potted seedlings/plants. I also have great luck with
the stuff. It's
certainly available and easy to use.

Not as romantic as pumice, pine bark, Farfard, etc., but relatively
and it works. It's a Scotts product they inherited from W.R. Grace (I
think) so it
should be available anywhere in the USA at least.

Don't use it in the beds though. Any soil-less mix will have trouble
sharing water with
soil, particularly clay soil.