Re: Anthurium questions

  • Subject: Re: Anthurium questions
  • From: Adam Black <epiphyte1@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 22:29:44 -0500 (CDT)

Neil Carroll wrote:
007c01c1e0db$6faf3ea0$16fe90cf@computer">
http://www.aroid.org/genera/Anthurium/belolonchium/rzedow.html
-

Adam, Try the above link...it will take you to the original discription of
the below anth.

Neil,

Thanks for the link. Must have missed it there before when I checked there. My plant is clearly does not match Croat's description of A. rzedowskii. I finally have an image I can send you and everyone else who asked. I will be sending them to you off list. If anyone else wants to see the plant and try to ID it, please email me off list and I will send you it. Hopefully it is not some type of hybrid. I am one of those people who only collect species!

Thanks!

Adam Black

007c01c1e0db$6faf3ea0$16fe90cf@computer">
007c01c1e0db$6faf3ea0$16fe90cf@computer">
I bought a neat little Anthurium over the weekend at Tropiflora labeled
Anthurium rezedolskii.

will try to borrow the digital camera from work this weekend and will
email photos to anyone who wants to try to identify it visually,
assuming this is an incorrect name.

I would be interested to see if this is the same species as in Croat's
discription.I would be interested in
the photo.

I believe Anth. faustinomirandae might be what we used to call
Xanthosomafolia. A giant cordate leaved mexican speices with really thick
leaves.

Another Anthurium I saw there, but did not buy was labeled Anthurium
faustinomirandae

One other question: Is Anthurium radicans apomictic?

I have never had it set seeds without pollination.

Neil