Re: RE: Typhonium hardiness

  • Subject: Re: RE: Typhonium hardiness
  • From: <mburack@mindspring.com>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 15:51:13 -0500 (CDT)

Ironically, I am starting to think than T. giganteum isnt only hardy in cold temps.. I am about ready to believe that it doesnt like hot temps period...

I routinely kill mine at the beginning of our spring and summer here as temps get out of control.

(For those "friends" of mine that itching to make a comment something like "you routinely kill all of your plants, not just the Typhoniums and not just in the spring and summer"... lets just let that slide this time around!!! (SMILE)).

On Mon, 15 Apr 2002 14:16:41 -0500 (CDT) Wilbert Hetterscheid <hetter@worldonline.nl> wrote:

Yep, in fact the only ones that are proven "hardy (as in cold-tolerant) are
giganteum and venosum and possibly diversifolium.