RE: How big DO they get.

  • Subject: RE: How big DO they get.
  • From: "WEAVER,BILL (HP-USA,ex3)" <bill_weaver@hp.com>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 16:24:49 -0500 (CDT)

I have noticed that light levels have a direct correlation to petiole height
in that lower levels produce longer petioles. Could this work the other way
around? If I were to put a bright light just above the new sprout as it
emerged
and kept it close to the growing leaf, would that induce it to produce a
shorter
petiole? (All this assumes I can't put it out in full bright sunlight and I
keep
the light source just far enough away to avoid burning the leaf)

Bill Weaver
bill_weaver@hp.com