Re: Chains and Hundredweights

  • Subject: Re: Chains and Hundredweights
  • From: "Julius Boos" <ju-bo@msn.com>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 21:37:19 -0500 (CDT)

----- Original Message -----
From: Petra Schmidt <petra@plantdelights.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2002 3:55 PM
Subject: Chains and Hundredweights

>>I have my trusty "Hummert's Helpful Hints" (1997-1998 edition), not
cyperspace info...

1 chain = 100 links (Surveyor's Measure Table)
1 hundredweight = 4 quarters (Avoirdupois Weight Table)

And what this has to do with aroids...well...Julius, you tell 'em!<<

Well done Petra!   You would have won a ripe mango at my school!    But how
many pounds equal one quarter???   Ah Ha!!  28 lbs = 1 quarter!!!!
So now you folk can request a box of 'suran'  tubers weighing no less than
one quarter, and specify that they  weigh no less than six to a stone!   See
how simple all of this really is?? (They do grow best in beds no more than
three chains, 75 links!)

Cheers,

Julius