Re: Chains and Hundredweights

  • Subject: Re: Chains and Hundredweights
  • From: StroWi@t-online.de (StroWi)
  • Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 10:11:22 -0500 (CDT)

Whow!

Julius and others, thanks for clarification. Now I almost see through!

The only thing I wonder about is how much is a lb in kg or g?
Could it be 0,45359 kg??? I found this value in a little conversiontable, but I am not sure, if "this" is the right pound for the US or GB.
Over here in Germany it's more simple; we consider a pound to be just 1/2 kg = 500 g.

Greetings from a nearly enlightend continental,
Bernhard.

P.S.: And still a question: How many lbs make a stone? The 14 lbs of Julius or the 12 lbs of Kathy? Or is that just a question of choosing the right lb??? ;-)