Re: [aroid-l] Growing amorphs from seed

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Growing amorphs from seed
  • From: "Peter Boyce" <peterboyce@myjaring.net>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 17:08:03 +0800

Dear Ken

That is fine but I'd take them off of the sunny window sill; a pot in such a
place could easily reach 40C (104F) which would be fatal to newly emerged
shoots. We sow all our terrestrial aroid seeds in a 1:1 ground
sphagnum:Perlite or in coir:washed river sand (1:1). Germination takes 2 - 3
weeks at a minimum of 21C (70F) and a max. of 29C (84C).

If it's useful for folks, I could post some more detailed sowing and
transplantation tips for aroids.