Re: [Aroid-l] Arum lily (reed) frog

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Arum lily (reed) frog
  • From: LMassey628@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 20:43:02 EST

In a message dated 4/1/2005 12:36:51 PM Eastern Standard Time, jonathan.ertelt@vanderbilt.edu writes:
Does anyone on the list know of references, reprints of articles, or research on the relationship of the Arum lily (reed) frog, Hyperolius horstocki, and the arum lily, Zantedeschia aethiopica?
Speaking of Zantedeschia aethiopica - is there any trick to getting one to bloom ?  I have had mine for years now, the plant is beautiful and healthy.  It is grown in a large pot that I have sitting in a bird bath for constant moisture.  It gets filtered sun.
Does it need full sun ?   What can I do to get flowers ?
Thank you.

Linda